Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Domain, Exchange Needs Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwright

MIS
Apr 24, 2006
US
Small Business Server was sold to new customer and they want everything reconfigured.
They ran DCPromo to delete domain (only 1 DC) then ran it again and created a new domain.

How can I get Exchange to recognize the new domain? Running System Mgr says "No Exchange Org in that domain". Duh... it's new. I want to create a new one.

I ran the SBS setup again with /forestprep and /domainprep but it is taking forever. I think it is hung, but am not sure. Process is ok, application is in 'running' mode.

After the domain is removed/rebuilt, the Exchange must be reinstalled as well. You can use Exmerge to transfer all mailboxes if required.

You'd need to run the exchange setup as /disasterrecovery but if the domain name has changed the stores won't mount.

Depending on the backup software it may be faster to start again and restore.

I'm with Z. Time to wipe it clean and start over, following ONLY the wizards.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

I'm going to blow it away and start over. The hard drives were partitioned too small anyway.

I hope they have the original CDs!

Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back