Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

letalis

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2013
DE
I'm new to this call server game and am wodering how to create a DN and have it hunt to callpiolot VM.
I want to do this without physically wiring up a new TN.
Basically I have a section that want a number they can advertise as their "help desk line"
It needs to ring on four differents phones (2016's) and if no one answer than it goes to VM.
How would I go about setting this up. I have a CS1000MG system with release 5.5

Thanks

The easiest way to accomplish this is find a phone that is already configured to do what you want and copy it, unless you are doing an ACD type setup. Never ever ever copy or make easy changes to an ACD phone. You can accomplish this in LD 11!

If you just want it to ring at the desks, pick a number and set it up as MCR on a spare key on each of the phones. This is similar to the standard SCR key, except in this case, it will ring on all phones, then when answered, all the other phones will go to idle and will ring for the next call coming in, even when the first is still busy. Try it, I think you will find it does what you want.

[thumbsup2]Thanks for the info. I was having trouble with the DN hunting to VM. I think I didn't have it MARP'd properly. It's working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back