Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New DLT Cleaning Cart Breaks Tape Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenriz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
Ok, this is the second time this has happened with two separate brand new HP DLT Tape Cleaning Cartridges.

I don't really know what happens but now for the second time, all the lights on the drive are blinking, I need to shut it down and force the cleaning cart out and reconnect the drive lead. Tapes work fine, when I put in a cleaner, it breaks, all the lights blink.

What is going on?? Why only the cleaning cart break this thing? What a pain!!!!

Sounds like the firmware on the drive needs to be flashed or updated. Go to and download the free hP utility Library and Tape Tools and install. Stop your back up software services and make sure that removable storage is disabled in Services....then load the library and tape tools and flash the firmware...generally this corrects a lot of problems with tape drives and ensures that the drive is up to date with an uncorrupt version of firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back