Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new design not publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I did a full re-desing of my site. After I "publish," it says it's successfully complete. But when I go to my URL, it's not up. Web host company says it's not their problem.
HELP!
amfb7

I recommend you publish using "All pages, overwriting pages already on destination" which is found as follows: FILE -> PUBLISH WEB -> OPTIONS Dave [idea]
[]

I'm having the same problem....did you ever get this fixed? I emptied my cache, etc....checked my extensions, etc. I get the same "website published successfully" message but when i go to the site, i only get the first line of my body text....no header, no links, no background. help!!!

I had this problem with my site a while ago (lots of pages affected, but not all of them).

In the end I used an FTP program (download an evaluation copy of Cute FTP or similar) logged onto the site, deleted all files found there, and then published. Problem fixed.

Publishing is great when it works, but I wish MS would included a lightweight FTP client in FP - it's not the first time I've needed one... Jonathan Challis
IT Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back