Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Dell Laptop Ethernet Driver Issues with RIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2010
US
We've been having a problem with the Latitude 54xx series keeping the ethernet driver during RIS. First, let me say that we support Fujitsu Lifebooks; Dell Latitudes 610, 620, and 630; Dell Optiplex 620, 745, 755, and 780. I set up the OEM drivers in the flat image and edited the sif file to load them; the flat image loads fine in all of our machines. I have successfully created RIS images for all of these using this XP SP3 flat image.

I did the same process for the Latitude 54xx (I have tried the 5400, 5410, and 5420): load the flat image, install additional drivers, install additional software, set up default user profile, clean it up and then riprep. It completes with only one error - a restore point, which happens on all of them - and it's done. Everything seems fine until I try to pull down the image I just created and I get the error:

The operating system image you have selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter. Try selecting a different operating system image. Setup cannot continue."

What am I doing wrong? I have tried several fixes, including editing the sif on the newly created image and redoing the drivers in the flat image. Nothing has worked. Like I said, I was able to create several different images without a problem and the flat image loads perfectly well on the new machines. When I check Device Manager after loading the flat image the correct driver is listed: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller. What is happening that the image isn't taking it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back