Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Dect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max82

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2017
NL
Dear all,

My previous Dect phone died so I bought a new one.
It was all setup by my predecessor and i'm not entirely sure on how to configure this.
Of course I checked some manuals etc. I logged into the IP-Dect base station and unsubscribed my previous Dect:

ScreenHunter_538_Aug._02_14.15_vnsmxx.jpg

I've got my new Dect connected to the network, but on the display it says please login.
I've found the following in the manual: "*0(checked and is set to 0)*2053(my shortcode)#" but nothing happens.

I'm obviously missing something or doing something wrong but I can't figure out what.

Best regards,
Max.

Is the new handset subscribed with the DECT Base station?
If yes then either do one of the following(or both if one doesn't work):
Dial 2053*# or dial *35*2053*#
If there is a login code set in Manager for the user then put the login code between *#

Thanks for you quick response.

The new Dect is subscribed, when I try 2054*# I get not allowed.
When I try *35*2053# I get the message Destination out of service.
Which I think would imply the Dect can't find the server but in subscription I do see my network (it should say the system name is see in the Bas under Dect correct?)

It should be *35*2053*#
Maybe you have a logincode set in Manager, then it is either 2053*<logincode># or *35*2053*<logincode>#

I do have an auth code set, so I tried *35*2053*<auth code># as wel as *35*2053*# but both give me the message "dest out of serv"
So i'm getting the feeling the problem lies with the server but not sure what. All other dects seem to be working fine and have the same system in the menu as mine.

Do you have a login softkey? If so hit that and it should ask for extension. Enter extension and hit done. Then it will ask for password. I always set a login code and use that. Enter login code for password and hit done. It should log in. I don't do provisioned install usually but Id imagine the logging in should be the same.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

A Authentication code is NOT the same as a login code.
Open Avaya Manager, press F1 and search for Login code

Oh I glanced over it... intrigrant is right auth code is not the same as the login code.

That being said you stated you tried *35*2053# which would try to login as 2053 with no login code and since you created this yourself and did not know to set the login code my assumption is it is blank...

What type of extension did you create in IP office.

The way extensions with the corresponding users are registered with IP Office depends on the way the IP DECT is setup which is unknown to us.
It is either with or without provisioning.

If without provisioning first check if "Auto create extension" is on or off.
According your first post the system is setup without provisioning, the autocreate user/extension is unclear but by default it is on on older IP Office versions (pre 9.0) otherwise it is off and then you first need to create the user and IP DECT phone.
To my believe the auto create user/extension is on because after registration it fails which is typical as the user and phone already exsist.

When on you don't have to create a user or IP DECT extension, add the IP DECT phone in the IP DECT station, else first add them in the Avaya then subscribe the phone were you need to fill in all the details during subrcription:
[ul]
[li]Syatem Name[/li]
[li]Select IP DECT as the sytem to subscribe to[/li]
[li]PARI[/li]
[li]Authentication Code (AC)[/li]
[li]The option to be able to subscribe to others systems can be set or not, it does not matter[/li]
[/ul]
Then after successfull subscription the phone shows "Please Login", then enter the phonenumber to use, a *, the logincode of the user (none by default), hash (#)
If done the User and IP DECT phone are created automatically, if the phone or user already exsist you get a error, so delete them first and retry.
I won't elaborate on the other modes as to my believe it is not the setup in your system.

Ok we need more information to fix your issue. I re-read his first posts and all posts and I am unsure if it is provisioned or unprovisioned. Instead of guessing and hoping the answer sticks the OP needs to give all details.

Thanks for all the responses, I didn't create a new extension, this DECT is a replacement of another so im using that extension (or is that not an option?)
The configuration is without provisioning.

And i'm sorry for the dumb question, but where can I find if auto creat extension is on? I would assume in IPoffice?

in IP Office either on the LAN>VOiP or in the IP DECT line settings

Would that be the H.323 Auto-create Extn?
If so that is currently not on.

I think we might have an older version of IPoffice (8.1)
But I think if found it and it is active:

ScreenHunter_542_Aug._04_09.04_ue0lvv.jpg

Unfortunally, that is for 3th party SIP phones....

Things don't come easy on Avaya...

have you tried to dial *0*2053*1234# ??
Or to delete the AC (1234) at the user 2053 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back