Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New DC not replicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

acl03

MIS
Jun 13, 2005
US
I have a windows 2003 domain. I have added a new domain 2008 R2 controller in a new site. I do already have one fully-functional 2008 R2 DC in one of our other sites.

When I try to force a manual replication in Sites & Services, I get this generic error:

The following error occured during the attempt to the domain controller <server name>.
The RPC server is unavailable.

When I look in sites & services on the new DC, both connection items are there (DC1 to new dc, new dc to dc1).

When I look at sites & services on any other DC in the domain, the connection object from dc1-->new dc is missing. It's like that connection object did not replicate.

Any easy way to correct this? thanks.

Thanks,
Andrew

[smarty] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

Well, at the risk of teaching you how to suck eggs, could this be something as simple as Windows Firewall (or your AV product)?

I guess just start with basic IP connectivity tests...

JJ
[small][purple]Variables won't. Constants aren't[/purple]
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, or photo, or breakfast...and so on)[/small]

This resolved itself somehow after like 3 days of not working.....now all is fine.

Thanks,
Andrew

[smarty] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

Hah! AD does like a little time to settle down after significant add/changes/deletes but three days?! :)

JJ
[small][purple]Variables won't. Constants aren't[/purple]
There is no apostrophe in the plural of PC (or PST, or CPU, or HDD, or FDD, or photo, or breakfast...and so on)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back