Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Daylight Savings Time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seerockcity

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2006
US
I have read about a few solutions to the new Daylight Savings time. One being that the WSUS server we have in place should take care of the update. The other is that each pc will have to manually updated. I have also read on Microsoft's website how to create a .reg file and push it out using Group Policy. Does anyone have any information on this subject.
Talk to me Goose....

Thanks so much to all!!!

If all you have is modern OSes (Windows 2003 and XP) then your OS installations will be updated automatically using Windows Update. When using WSUS, the updates are currently only recommended updates but they will be moved to critical updates soon.

You will want to update Exchange with the TZUDT tool.

Check out microsoft.com/dst2007 for up to date details.

The reg file and script solutions are not necessary if you meet the above noted criteria for currently supported OS.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Marc,
I have a customer using Windows 2000 Professional. What should my approach be to DST updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back