Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabrane

Programmer
Aug 20, 2003
US
Hello,
Does anyone have any idea how I could create a report which shows only my new customers for 2003. This report should show all customers who had sales in 2003 but NO sales in previous years (2001-2002).
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Create 2 IMRs. IMR-1 is your regular sales report for 2003 with one of the columns called CUSTOMER_ID.

In the detail filter create an additional condition that says CUSTOMER_ID not in [dataset]

The dataset refers to IMR-2. IMR-2 has only one column called CUSTOMER_ID and pulls up all customers that had one or more sale in 2001-2002.

Hope you get the idea.

Another way to do the report would be to use a summary filter.

IMR-1 would pull up all the sales for 2001-2003. The reort would be grouped by CUSTOMER_ID.

In the summary filter add a condition that says

minimum(YEAR_NO) for CUSTOMER_ID = 2003

The second method could degrade performance.

Hope that helps.

The first solution works properly. However, when I save, close and then try to reopen the report, I get an error message. It says memory cannot be written. Any idea what could cause this?

Sorry buddy...got no idea...hope someone else is able to help here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back