Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New COS isn't followed when I modify existing user

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanson184

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I had to build a new COS for a user so his intercept was routed to his admin. When I modify his mailbox the system shows his mailbox has been changed but the zero still goes to the previous COS. I can build a new mailbox and it works with this COS. Could it be that the Octel needs to be rebooted?
This is a Octel 200/300

Thanks

No reboot is needed.
If you build a new COS, and make .m user c, then the new COS shoulk appear, if you make a .l user c for that COS.

///doktor

It does appear but they Octel doesn't follow the new COS. Which the only change was the intercept mailbox. The original COS dropped the callers if they zero'd out. When this mailbox is modified the system says "goodbye". New mailboxs routes (to intercept) correctly.

Bob H

You will maybe have to delete the mailbox and re-install the MBOX with a different COS.

///doktor

I would check to see if the mailbox has a Personal Assistance Mailbox defined. L MB at the dot prompt then put in the mailbox.

Chuck
RCT Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back