Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New coldfusion 10 installation upgrade on coldfusion 8 server running Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmg

Programmer
Sep 23, 2000
I have a production server that bit me today. Two days ago I installed coldfusion 10 over the top of a coldfusion 8 server installation. No, I did not do my work to make sure that the install would work right from the start. I assumed based on prior coldfusion upgrades that my server would just become version 10 and that all pages would be served using that installation....

Now onto today. Knowing that both server instances were running in the services management snap in, and that they seemed to co-exist, I started playing with the server to see if I could get one of my sites to run using coldfusion 10 instead of coldfusion 8. I went into the web server configuration tool and added a server for that one site.

Now the problem, ALL sites are down including that one site that I was using to see what I could come up with. All I get now is an IIS 404 error. I can't get the server to show any of the pages that it is supposed to.

Yes, I'm kicking myself enough already...

Please help me find out how to either configure 8 & 10 to run together or to at least get my sites back online...

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Branden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back