Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaya

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
GB
I posted on Friday that our installation key is missing. I have now ordered a new Exchange 5.5 Server with 5 CALs. The external engineering company who are going to run the instal are telling me that I still need to buy another licence and they can't install without a product key. Is this correct? There seems to be no mention of additional lience numbers in the Exchange 5.5 set up instructions.

Thanks.

Unless I am mistaken, I think they mean Client licenses, in which case you need to buy them.
That would be if you install Exc with client based licenses instead of server based, or, you specified a too loow figure on the server side.
Better ask then EXACTLY what they mean before buying anything. [sub]If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too. If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back