Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Call Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sctel

Vendor
Dec 28, 2015
US
I'm in the process of programming a new Call Pilot 150 for a customer, to replace their CP100 (not enough mailboxes). I'm doing the programming of the new unit on a MICS s/w 7.1 non-XC here at my office. I'm going to install the new unit onto my customer's MICS, using the same system ports as the previous VM.
As far as I know from my research, I should be able to simply swap out the CP100 and replace it with the pre-programmed CP150. I've already recorded the prompts, initialized all the mailboxes, etc.
As much as I've searched, I haven't been able to find any threads about simply changing one voice mail unit for another on the MICS. Any thoughts would be most welcomed.

You only need to worry about feature codes changing if they do.
They can be removed via XFTEST then reboot the new Callpilot so it will create the default ones.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I agree...since the Call Pilot is a separate system dependent on the MICS, it should just be plug-n-play, as the MICS doesn't care about hardware addressing or anything like that in the Call Pilot. The only difference you need to pay attention to is the digital station cabling at the Call Pilot itself since you are going from a max of 2 stations to a max of four stations on the MICS.

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back