Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Build - Bios Not FOund - Major Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh2o

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
US
I just assembled my new computer but i'm having major problems. It's a socket 939 amd 64 3000+ cpu on a Soltek-K8TPro-939 mobo. I attached everything, but when i boot up it says "Bios Not Found". It then tries to access some Serial ATA stuff, which is strage because i dont have any SATA drives. I have two ATA100 Western Digital HD's connected with IDE cables. I tried disconnecting my HD's completely and booting up but it says Bios Not Found. When i connect my harddrives it says Windows has encountered an unkknown problem. and gives me a list of options. Start in safe mode, start in safe mode prompt, use last known working configuration, start windows normally, etc. All of the options just restart my computer and give me the bios not found in the beginning. i'm at a total loss. this is my first build and i have no clue what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Do you have the CMOS clear jumper in the Normal position?

Jim

arh2o
Firstly, it will check the SATA controller to see if there are any drives connected to it, simply disable this in the bios.

Secondly reading between the lines, are you trying to boot from a previously installed copy of Windows? if so this is why you're having problems.
The hardware configuration has changed drastically, the operating system was installed and configured on a completely differant setup, you need to clean install Windows and platform drivers so they can configure on this new machine.

When you say "bios not found" I'm guessing that you mean bootsector not found?
Needs to be clean installed.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back