Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Area Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSTechy

MIS
Oct 24, 2002
US
A new area code (862) has hit our area. We can not call anyone in that area code from our Lucent Definity switch. I beleive it is a G3. We are working on a terminal (command Line) not like our other sites that have DSA. How do I add the area code to the switch so we can make the calls?

CH ARA ANA 862
Go to the end of the form and add it just like your other LOCAL Area codes, same route or partions Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Sorry ch ars ana 862 Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

I tried to add the area code. with the command ch ars ana 862. since it was not in there it brought me to the next in sequence which was 865. I started to type and it typed over it. how do I insert it?

You need to type

ch ars ana 1862

You can insert the entry in the blank fields on the right hand side of the page.

Good Luck!

If you do not have blank fields on the right side of the screen to enter the new area code, do a next page and you should get a whole screen to enter what you need.

Hope that helps.

Hi Guy.
I'm trying to add a new area code, using ars ana.
but I am not able to dial that are code, also I added the specific numbers and no luck.. any other setting that I have to check.

here my ars table.

change ars analysis 1256 Page 1 of 2
ARS DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
1256 11 11 3 fnpa n
126 11 11 3 fnpa n
127 11 11 3 fnpa n
128 11 11 3 fnpa n
129 11 11 3 fnpa n
130 11 11 3 fnpa n
1300 11 11 deny fnpa n
131 11 11 3 fnpa n

Is it a free local calling area code? (assuming 10 digit local dialing) If so, it needs to be defined as hnpa type & no 1 in front of it, & pointed at the same. If you are having trouble send me your complete Ars & what your trying to add to the email below & I'll help you. If your using account codes, or client room COS, it may also be being blocked in the Toll analysis form.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back