Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New and Confused - CFID/CFTOKEN Visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasparrelli

Programmer
Sep 13, 2000
US
I'm new to CF and finding myself confused - is there any way to use session variables without having the CFID and CFTOKEN show in the nav bar? I can count on the user having cookies enabled in this particular project by the way, but rely heavily on session variables to store user id's for table inserts, to check on whether or not a user has already inserted a row in a table (so I can update instead if they use the back button) , etc, etc. But I somehow need to hide the visible id and token in the nav bar and I just can't seem to do that.

Any advice/experience you can share will be super valuable.

Thanks!! [sig][/sig]

Hmm.. good question. Have you been using the tag <CFLocation>? If you are, make sure that you the addtoken attribute set to no.

eg. <CFLOCATION URL=&quot;whatever.cfm&quot; ADDTOKEN=&quot;No&quot;>

I think CF inserts the 2 variables by default. If you are still getting the 2 variables in your URL, it must have something to do with the server.... inserting it by default in any case.

Hope this helps.

Klotzki [sig][/sig]

Yes, I have been using cflocation after the logic in my action pages. I will try addtoken &quot;NO&quot;. Thanks so much for replying to my post! [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back