Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new AIT e130 not listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

crabby117

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2003
US
I've just installed an Adaptec 2944UW PCI SCSI card into a dell server (win2k3). The server adds the card to the device list just fine and gives it appropriate drivers.

However, when I plug a new Sony AIT e130 tape drive into it, it is not listed in the hardware device list (even after a reboot). I installed and ran the ezscsi utility which came with the adaptec card and it does not list the tape drive in the bus.

I've also gone into the SCSI BIOS w/ ctrl-A at bootup and the tape drive is not listed in the SCSI chain there either.

The card's ID is listed as 7 and its termination is listed as automatic. I gave the tape drive an ID of 5 (and tried 4 also) and tried it with and without the termination plug, and tried the plug in both SCSI ports on the back of the tape drive. There are no other SCSI devices to contend with, so I doubt it's an ID conflict issue. And I've rebooted multiple times, every time I make a change. Still no love.

The cable I bought is also brand new, but at the moment, it's the cheapest thing to replace and the next logical step in troubleshooting.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or do I likely have a bad card or tape drive?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back