Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

danvant

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,

I am kind of new to Access, I have created a new Access Database that I need to allow access to from several staff.

Is there a way to get it to open so they just get the new User Interface (designed form) and stop it actually going into access.

Hope this makes sense

Dan

i think you mean you want a form to appear when the user goes into the program.

go to tools, there should be a startup option, select that and in there you are able to select the form you want to load when the application loads.

HTH

yeah but i dont actually want it to go into the application. I just want the end users to go straight into the form, or convert it to an application type interface

Be careful with startup options: do not lock yourself out. A start-up form does not prevent users from getting in to Access proper. There are a number of things to consider when you are implementing security. This faq181-3893 may help.

You should consider a split database. Put your forms in the front end, so the users can get to them. Put the tables and queries in the back end, on a network server. I usually include one form in the back end, that simply gives the user a message telling them how to properly access the database. The form has one command button ("OK") that closes the db when clicked.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back