Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 9408 digital phones to work on IPO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sssshh... you're not meant to be distracting people from the wonderful lovely pending world of BCM phone support.

my bad sizbut. i am just glad to have a non-paper label digital phone available to me in 2011. For i a minute I thought it was 1998 with my cool new 6408D+...with paper labels.

Not sure why they insisted on end-of-sale'ing the 24xx/54xx so soon without a comparable replacement available.

there is no way i am deploying anything with paper labels to 300+ locations.

9508 and 9504 do really compare to the 54xx range. Probably be more expensive but not got an RRP for them yet.

I've been testing them for avaya and like them alot, along with a 9608 IP phone

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

hmmm...

jamie77, the 95xx appears to be IPO only. Not good if that is the case.

I am planning to deploy IPO's as stand-alones at first but possibly using the new CM gateway feature/software load to convert them to lsp-like gateways later. So my end sets need to be fully IPO and CM compatible.

So I wonder if the 9500's will be cheaper than the 9400's due to being IPO only, but the 9400's can do both IPO and CM and will cost a little more?

Gibsonic, you are exactly right, they are slightly cheaper. Just as 5410's are cheaper then 2410's, both work on IPO but the latter works on IPO and CM hence the higher cost :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

it's only like the 54/24 and 56/46 situation, we just have the 95/94's.

95's I imagine will be cheaper as they are IPO only. There wasn't a great deal in it from the 54xx to the 24xx ranges.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back