Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 5.7 install no mdshosts file

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithd21

Technical User
Apr 27, 2017
US
I just installed a micros 3700 ver 5.7 on a new windows 10 machine and everything is working.. kinda, got the database uploaded but I cant find the mdshosts file anywhere. So im pretty much stuck. Should I drop in the one off my old set up?

Thanks in advance.

Did you license your hosts?
Does the new server name match what was in the database?
Is this a new database or import?
UAC disabled?

No i never changed the name of the server to micros on initial install of windows. I tried changing new server name to "micros" what i had the old server named but now it has me locked out of everything. This it is a back up of old data base. Any help is much appreciated.

I would uninstall micros, match the name of the server to the original server and reinstall micros.

Hi,
you can try setname.exe utility come along with the media kit and that would change the same as you want. And then you can change the node name from POSConfigurator.
reduce UAC and make sure you have desired server name in system32/drivers/etc/hosts file.
Then restart the server and it should automatically create when 3700d and MDS host service start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back