Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new 202i installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey101

MIS
Apr 24, 2009
CA
It has been awhile since I have done one but I do not remember all these issues. I have put in my 202 image dvd and reboot callpilot. It goes through asking the question and i select not upgrade and start.

shows validating callpilot server media
valid callpilto server image found on D

generating script file, image file source = D\202i0000.gho

launching ghost

abort: 11030, invalid destination drive

I have tried to manually run ghost and it can validate the image but when i select it it says no disk drives were detected.

DO i have a bad hard drive? any suggextions or help?

Sounds like it's not finding properly formatted hard drives to install the software to. Have you tried booting the box with a Linux live disk and verifying the hardware?

i have not tried that or ever done it before...i will have ot get a copy and try it

thanks

Check the drive is plugged in correctly and like Wanebo say use some sort of boot disk maybe a partition manager.

I actually found out that the hard drive was no good. replaced and off to the races.

Good to hear you found the problem. Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back