Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

new 2 programming for 6502

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayo1

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
GB
hi every 1,
i'm doing a distance learning HNC computing course and need help on this topic (6502 assembly programming)!
Course notes are very vague but according to my tutor "adequate.....but could be more informative......" helpful???not!!!!!
Q. Design a program to form part of the display driver for a portable metal detector.
the program nonitors the ADC, detects when a conversion is complete, reads the value and scales it down by a factor of 8 for output as a single digit between 0-9 on a seven -segment LED.

This just A SMALL part of the question.
I have TASM supplied to me on disk but no info on what it does OR when i'm supposed to use it.
Where do i start? am novice, and by that i mean i expect my 11 yr old could understand it better than me!!

Any help, pointers, 1st step (have tried alcohol but found a liking for it). This one is frying my brain.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back