Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

New 1000E SuperLoop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric1911

Technical User
Dec 21, 2007
US
I need to fire up a new SL in a 1000E, and not sure how to go about it.

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ric

Before I/we can answer that question are you sure you have a 1000E. There has been alot of confusion on that subject. Are you using a Media Gateway Controller(MGC)?

Sorry but some think that because they are 3.0 and above and have IP phones they are a 1000E and they are not. Just want to clarify before this goes on for 5 days and we find out it is a 1000M

Signature===========================================

Definitely an E, with MGC, that will run 3900 type sets.

Ric

You can find the steps in the installation and comissioning guide. Basically the steps are as follows.

Create the Superloop in LD 97
Assign Conf and TDS loops in LD 17 CEQU

LD 17 & 97 can be programmed in element manager also.

Program DTRs in LD 13

On the MGC you basically tell the card what it's ip address is and then tell it what the call server IP address is.

Signature===========================================

easyiest way to clear up the 1000e argument is to get people to print an iss in 22 & make sure machine type is 4021, I had some arse giving me the run around for a while with that one ;-)

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back