Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Never ending print jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilyo

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
GB
Hi there,

I originally posted this in the printers forum, but with no joy - it is getting rather annoying and I'd be eternally grateful, if anyone has an answer to this:

I had an HP Laserjet 1200 connected to a computer (via the parallel port).
I disconnected the 1200 because I wanted to use a 2100 instead, so I connected an HP Laserjet 2100, installed it and I couldn't print to it. It said there was an error printing to LPT1 do I want to retry.
So, I put the 1200 back and I couldn't print to that either. To make it work, I had to connect the 1200 via the USB port, which is fine except...
... everytime I restart the computer, a whole bunch of old printjobs appear in the queue for the 1200 and proceed to print out.

Anyone know how I can stop this from happening?

Thanks

Emily

Have you check your parallel cable for any bent pins?

Have you reinstall drivers? From your CD or HP's site?

Currently, the parallel cable isn't plugged into the PC, but I treid two different cables. To no avail. I also tried re-installing the drivers.

I'll just give it another go though.

Cheers.

We have had this problem with other HP printers.

Make sure that the check box in properties for enable bidirectional priting is NOT checked.

This should take care of it.

Check this path for left over print jobs and delete them C:\WINNT\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Hope this helps.

============================
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks for all your replies guys,

I fixed it this morning by deleting all the rpinters, restarting and setting all the printers back up again.

I might try to re-install the 2100 later!!

Thanks

Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back