Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking WIndows XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodgehill

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
GB
I need some serious help LOL :-(

All i want to do is set up policies and roaming profiles for a Windows XP Pro machine, which is on a NT4 Domain :-(

Can anyone HELP please! i exhausted my knowledge

Steve
ICT Technician

Hi Steve,
There are some very exhaustive faqas on the microsoft site.
JP

have you got the url, please as i have been looking at the microsoft all day found nothiong

Sorry,
Its been a while now since I needed it.
Have you done a search in google groups as well?
People sometimes put links up there to useful sites....
jp

yes i have tried everything and i am getting no where. Please help i have been on this task for about 2 weeks now, and no success :-(

Steve

Cant help you then.
Get ur boss to send u on a course or buy a book specifically on the subject. Good luck with it.

if your server is NT 4 then you do not need to set up policies at the local workstation you ned to do this all from the server at the run command type gpedit.msc and then users adminstrative templates here you can set policies the roaming profile is created when create the user at the server-chaeck this by looking at their user profiles if theres a files with a *.dat then its a roaming profile if its *.man then its mandatory you can change this by changing the file extention-however i would advis you do do this until you gain some more knowledge othwise you might cause more trouble for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back