Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking solution for global events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kynetica

Technical User
Mar 20, 2015
GB
Good Morning all,

I work for a company that puts on exclusive 2 day events at Formula one tracks throughout the world, to which I have started to build a small infrastructure to help with live data collection regarding the running of the cars. For the coming year, we are looking at trying to find a way of being able to provide a dedicated broadband link with a fixed IP so that we can use a VPN Tunnel back to our head office in the UK. Currently each employee uses a VPN client to connect to any wifi available and it is a little bit hit and miss. Is it possible to get a dedicated internet service with the same Fixed IP for each of these events?

Just to clarify a little, these events happen one at a time approximately a month or so apart at race tracks from Abudabi to the US.

There are a couple of networks going on at these events that I need to supply for:
[ol 1]
[li]Dedicated network for running of cars This is to be a closed network and most likely hidden:
[ul]
[li]12 Laptops - will be uploading video files from in car footage.[/li]
[li]36 Small computers (I've used Raspberry Pi's for the prototype that we have been running this year) these are connected in groups of 4 to mini routers set up in client mode, these will be connected to a server running a database.[/li]

[/ul]
[li]Up to 10 full time employees working directly on the Company Intranet (Potential uploading and downloading of files to company servers if Possible)[/li]
[li]Approximately 100 people on a guest network (internet access only - social network/email, these are mainly our customers and their friends) [/li]
[/li]
[/ol]
I understand we would be looking at Satellite Broadband perhaps, and if so, would a provider rent this equipment, 8 to 12 times a year, and would we be able to reserve an IP to allow us to provide our own VPN tunnel (we have a solution for this, but requires dedicated IP) Is there any other way this can be done?

I am a little new to this more industrial side of networking and am looking to find out who supplies this kind of service and at what sort of cost. Any insight to this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Kynetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back