Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking Problem with IE 6.0 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTFrey

MIS
Mar 1, 2004
US
Have several networked machines (some running Win 2000 and most running XP). All are using IE 6.0.

I am going to try and explain this the best I can:

After individual users log onto the machine they can access the internet. If someone logs into their Yahoo account on one machine, many times another user can log into another machine, somewhere else in the building, log into their Yahoo account and it appears if the original user is logged into Yahoo and shows up as such. Sometimes it appears as if someone from whereever is logged in based on the user names. This of course created a problem as none of the users can access their yahoo e-mail account. I would assume that it is not Yahoo's problem and it is an internal networking problem having something to do with IP addresses??? but this is beyond me. I also want to say that we use dynamic ip assignment. Is there anything we can do, other than static ip assignment to solve this problem??

It's tough to tell from this description, but it sounds like your router is getting confused and sending data to the wrong machine. Is there any way to test a replacement router?

Thanks "SMAH". Someone else would have to test the router with the way the business is set up. I will get them to do it next time they are here. Was hoping it was maybe a problem on individual machines??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back