Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking Playstation2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgamerz

Technical User
Oct 21, 2003
US
I have a Alcatel usb dsl modem. I'm wanting to play my ps2 online using the sony network adapter. I can't configure my dsl modem to allow connection with my ps2 since it doesnt have any openings to connect a router to network. Is there anyway I can connect my ps2 for online play using the current modem that I have? I've seen a linksys usb network adapter (USB 100M) and I'm wondering if I can use that with a cat5 cable to make a network connection. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, you can use that because the other end will connect to the USB port of your modem, then you'll take a CAT5 cable,plug it in to the USB100M and the other end goes to your PS2.

My 2 cents...

Many USB devices are very unstable, and I'd really think about getting a different modem, than using a USB modem, to connect to a USB network adapter, to connect to a playstation. You might be able to get that to work, but I'd rather avoid future problems, and get a different modem. Contact your ISP, they may exchange, tell them you have problems with your USB modem, and borrowed a friend's ethernet modem, and it worked fine.

Matt J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back