Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking Octel 250 with Lantronix UDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

cholbro

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
I am using a Lantronix UDS100 to try and network my Octel 250. I can telnet to the Lantronix, but have not been able to connect to the Octel. I have tried both a null modem cable and a regular straight though 25 pin to 9 pin cable with no success. Any ideas where I may be having my problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have this working and I have the RJ45 cable attached to the DB9 with a Rube Goldberg cable. The Rube Goldberg cable is nothing but a null modem cable between the Terminal server and the Octel.

Also note well that the IP address associated with the Octel is Wyse50. Regular telnet will produce garbage.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Ken I have been using port 9999 which gets me into the lantronix. Is there a differnt one I should use to access Octel?

Ken: I have mine pluged into the Console port.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I was plugging into the console port...I was told I could do that otherwise I would need to set the async port and reboot my Octel.

Do I have to be on the same subnet? I can ping my lantronix box from my desk, but my pc is not on the same subnet as the lantronix device.

Can you access the lantronics setup menu from procomm ? and in the setup of the UDS make sure that it is set to 9600 and double chack the tcpip port to access the RS232 device and the one used for setup

I have seen where it will and will not work if you are not on the same subnet but you should be fine.

Ken Means

Yes I can access the lantronics setup menu using procomm. I have confirmed that the speed is set to 9600 baud. There is a redirector port 3001 and raw tunnel port 1001

Ken it ended up being the firmware on the UDS100. Once it was updated everything poped right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back