Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking notebook w/ SCO 5.0.06. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josel

Programmer
Oct 16, 2001
US
Howdy y'all!

I have an old notebook and would love to install SCO UNIX in it for me to use as my development unit.

I cannot network this notebook with my network thus killing my idea of ever using it. I tried doing this using SCO 5.05 with no luck ...

How can I network a notebook under SCO UNIX? Has anyone out there done this? If so, which card/driver must I get?

Jose Lerebours

KNOWLEDGE: Something you can give away endlessly and gain more of it in the process! - Jose Lerebours

Try to get a dock station with a well known NIC.
Or find a PCMCIA card supported by SCO (good luck...)

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

We have several notebooks dual booting with Windows and SCO 5.0.5 - 5.0.7 here. We use a 3Com PCMCIA card as most integrated NIC's don't play well with SCO. Some of the older 3com nic's work better than the newer ones. You can probably find onw on Ebay for around $10

I have sever 3COM cards but can't find the dungle for them ... I remember trying to use these in same notebook w/ SCO 5.0.05 and was not able to get it to work.

I am going to install 5.0.06 and see if I have better luck!

Thanks;

Jose Lerebours

KNOWLEDGE: Something you can give away endlessly and gain more of it in the process! - Jose Lerebours

Some 3com cards require you to manually configure the IRQ/IO address manualy with a DOS program before your are able to use them with SCO.

If you have problems with 5.0.6 please post here the models you are using and we will see if we can help.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back