Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking in a Windows 2000 Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

farklem

Technical User
Feb 5, 2003
US
Ok, so I got my domain controller working running Windows 2000 Advanced Server. With 4 client machines running Windows 2000 Professional. The only problem is that my domain controller is set up on a different internet connection than that of the clients. I have roaming profiles set up on my network but when I try to login on the client machines it does ereything over the internet so it takes forever to logon and transfere files between the clients and the domain controller. Is there any way to fix this problem? Is there a way to force it to use NetBIOS or something so that it doesn't use TCP/IP to communicate with the server?

can you put a second NIC in the server, run RRAS, and hub it with the clients? Or are they physically in different locales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back