Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking Definity G3RV10 PBX Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColinW

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
AU
Please advise if 2 Definity PBX systems can be networked via T1 and provide feature transparency including call transfer between systems. Please note the intention is not to use VoIP simply point to point T1 circuits.

Yes, this is possible.
There are two options, the first is DCS(+), which is Avaya's own networking protocol, and the second is QSIG.
Both will do the job, but as far as I'm aware, DCS isn't supported anymore on R11 and above, so I would go for QSIG. The advantage of QSIG is that it is an worldwide standard, so if you'd ever want to connect to another switch (fi Ericsson, Nortel etc), you can use the same RTU's in Definity.
I have a document that describes the features Definity QSIG supports in different versions, with a comparison to DCS and also some other PABX brands. If you leave your email I can send it to you. It is a little dated (highest Definity release in the doc is R8), but still usefull.

Cheers,
Nico

Nico,
My email address is colin.c.williams@aexp.com.
Please send me the information.
Many thanks!

Nico,

wouldn't mind taking a look at that as well:

toneclock@theinbox.org

Nico,

Can I also grab a copy?

jason_price@onetelnet.nl

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search