Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking a BCM to a IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjazz

Technical User
Sep 20, 2007
US
I've be asked if I can connect a BCM to an IPO through there PRI Cards directly so they could dial each other within the same building. Would anyone know if this is remotely possible without qsig and voip trunk licenses?

I certainly have IPO to IPO via PRI without qsig, and it has worked for years. So long as you can adequately control BCM dialing, it should work fine.

Use a T1 cross over cable. Make sure to set the IPO clock source to CO from CPE so it acts like the phone company. The BCM should see it as a PRI. The only issue might be PRI channel licensing depending on the version and number of expected calls.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks. Would the other settings except for the CO on IPO stay the same as in NI2 and so on?

As long as the setting are the same for NI2 etc. you should be good.

Testing this on our lab system I'm able to dial the IPO but trying to dial an ext on the BCM I get a steady tone. System status shows it hitting my ARS table but it drops and goes busy with a steady tone. Could I be missing something in my ars table?

While you CAN route these calls via ARS, I probably wouldn't unless necessary. Activate Monitor and see what you're sending/receiving from BCM - most likely, you're sending something that BCM doesn't understand.

Did you build target lines on the BCM that match the digits you're sending from the IPO to the BCM?

BCM's are also picky about the number of digits sent and will drop the call if it is expecting, like 7 digits and you're sending 3 or 4.

Pjazz, did you ever get this to work? I tried this today, I can make calls to the IP office and pass Caller-id from the BCM, But calling back to the Bcm from the IP office, thru ARS I get a steady tone as you do, If I bypass ARS, I receive a busy tone. When I monitor trunk status on the system status, it shows dialing then will disconnect the call. I do not see the call in the bcm monitor, but outgoing displays just fine. Just was curious if you got it to work. P.S. target received digits are correct and digits to expect in Public dialing plan of the BCM.

Sorry about the delay. Believe it or not we were able to open a ticket with Avaya. Didn't know they still had a BCM section. Each side had to be set up as a T1. PRI will only work one way. E&M Wink start incoming and out going. Create an out going group in IP Office with a number other than 0. Create a short code that routes the call to that Outgoing group. We didn't use ars.

It works both ways but no caller ID. Hope this helps.

Thanks pjazz, I have been doing the t1 for years now, but it would have been cool to get it to work with a PRI connecting the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back