Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networking 2 BCM50's over internet - cannot call each other 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I programmed and shipped out the systems and tech has installed them but they cannot intercom each other.
I am wondering what I missed or what their IT people have to do as I am drawing a blank at the moment.
Tech states when you dial the DN of the remote set it sits at silence.
When I called in and entered a DN to the remote site from AA I heard a click then call disconnects.
Same issue with each other.
I am assuming that the far end is not seeing the request's....something interfering.

2 X BCM50 Rls 6 with latest patches.
Licenses:
1 MCDN
1 Q.Sig Voice
12 Trunk Gateway
1 DPNSS Voice Networking

Sites are on the same internal network (I did not program any public IP's)
Site A:
192.168.1.12 - Gateway 1.1
Site B
192.168.2.12 - Gateway 2.1
Same Subnet's

Not sure yet how the sites network is configured but both sites are on the same existing network.

I programmed the 2 BCM's to call each other (and work perfectly) but was testing it on my local LAN.
I programmed the fields in SIPtrunking/Private/Routing Table by adding the other BCM's Internal IP
BCM Utilities/Ping can ping the other BCM

That all the ammo I think I can provide at the moment.

Am I missing some requirements?

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Can you have the tech ping (Admin > Utilities > Ping) one site to the other? This will tell you if it's a programing issue or network.

Marv ccna

Fixed

I asked the tech to change the IP of the BCM's but I forgot to tell him to change the IP address's in the SIP Trunk/Routing section as well.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

All good so far except no audio on remote IP sets.
I have request all the ports listed in the BCM to be forwarded and SIP/ALG disabled if exists on router.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back