Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWorker User GUI 7.3 exiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdvries

Technical User
Nov 8, 2004
NL
Running the NetWorker User GUI in version 7.3 on Windows we noticed very often exiting this GUI without any reason. We see this on several sites where we installed or updated to version 7.3. Doeing some test i found the following:

- start the NetWorker GUI
- click the backup icon
- expand the C: drive by clicking the + icon
- expand the My Documents map by clicking the + icon
- click on the - icon in front of the C: to implode the view

and......bingo: the GUI exits !?!?!?!

Is this known? Is this an error? Any solution?

Regards.

Interesting.

Thank you for your detailled description - i just repeated it and you are absolutely correct. This surprises me, as i did not expect any change in the winworkr GUI.

Never mind. I do not see why you should not be able to use an older NetWorker 7.2.x client.

Can it be done when moving from HP-UX Networker SERVER (not client) to Windows 2003 server?
I have Legato server running on HP-UX. I'm checking the possibility to move from HP-UX to windows 2003 as the Legato server platform.
If I'll need to perform an old restore (from the HP-UX server), can I scan the tape into from the Windows server, and then run the restore? or there is a "cluster-size" issue, or maybe other issue I'm not aware of?

10x in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back