Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker Services always stop automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiyahoo

MIS
Mar 4, 2003
US
Does anyone have this experience and know how to fix it? Many thanks.

What OS is your backup server? If its UNIX, check to see what nsr processes are not running when it stops. If the nsrmmdbd deamon is not running you may have a corrupt media data base. Try restarting the networker server and
try running nsrim -X , if it gets hung up before it finishes then there is a problem with the media database.

When it stops, go to the nsr\logs folder and look at the daemon.log. It should provide you with information on what led up to it stopping.

Thanks all!
I'm using Win2K server, and I have checked the daemon.log. The error is "NSR group default exited with return code 4"
I tried to un-install then re-install it before, but the Networker services always stopped automatically.

The problem is most likely a configuration issue with the Default group, or a client in that Default group. start looking there.

Reinstalling won't make the problem go away, unless you start with a new nsr.res file.

Since NetWorker can't start, you'll have to use nsradmin to display the configuration. For example:

cd nsr\res
nsradmin -f nsr.res
. type: NSR group; name: Default
option hidden
print
quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back