Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker recovery problem !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

razvannw

Technical User
Jul 26, 2005
RO
I have the following problem.

When I try to recover data, I get the following messages: “consecutive errors (21) exceeded the maximum consecutive errors allowed.”, and the drive is put by networker in service mote.

I try again to recover on another drive, and I got the same result.
I try with mminfo to gather more date regarding my tape and I got the following :
A00086L2 1069 GB 100% 11/20/06 0 KB 20 190 GB

I notice, that on the tape legato report that I have 1069GB that is to much, I think something is wrong with the tape.

I try to verify the tape with scanner –v /dev/IBMtape0 and I get the following error

scanner: SYSTEM error: Tape label read for volume ? in pool ?, is not recognised by Networker: Cannot allocate memory
scanner: SYSTEM error: Tape label read for volume ? in pool ?, is not recognised by Networker: Cannot allocate memory

Please Help

Are you sure that this is a NW tape at all? - Or might it be accidentally overwritten?

Can you recover from a clone?

Yes, is 100% a NW tape.
My problem is than I found 5 tape with similar problem.
I suspect SCSI bus reset.

This may well be. There have been some improvements in this area in the past. Let me suggest you update to the latest version.

I use the lates Networker version 7.2.1.
I find that starting from NW 7.1 was introduce a new feature, "verify label on unmount", if enable , will causes NW to check the tape label before unmounting and if no tape label is present, the tape is marked as suspect in the media database
I will use this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back