Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker on NT is used for Backing-Up Solaris Clients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aterockz

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
DE
Hi all Tek-Tips Members!

I´m fascinated of this nice forum. Maybe somebody is able to help me with my problems.
As an nearly unexperienced Legato Network User and also an unexperienced Oracle User I need some more help.
If my description is unprecise or incomplete please give me a note and I try to find out what´s missing :)
Background:
We use Networker on a Windows NT machine with an Autoloader System with 10 Slots.
10 Unix Solaris machines need to get back-uppt.
Amount of 400 Gigabyte Data.
Questions:
1) How do I handle Start-Stop Skripts ?!
-> How do I envoke Shell-Skripts on the Unix machines ?
2) How can I handle a Oracle DB easy for backup without using additional expensive moduls (no need for hotbackup, DB can be shut down BUT HOW ?)
3) Is there an easy way to get a complete backup of the running system ?! System OS can´t be shut down...
4) Is the backup configured individual for every client or even for each filesystem on each client ?!

I would be glad if somebody has experience with this environment. Some example - shell scripts and/or batch files were great.
I know that these are a lot of questions but as a beginner in this business I try to give my best and I´m a little overloaded with all this new stuff that I´m confronted with.
So if somebody has only 1 thing to help me with please do !

Thanks in advance !

Ate

Isn´t there anybody who is able to help me with my problems ?
I would also be glad to get a hint, where or what to study.
Maybe some kind of HowTo or anything else.

Ate

Hi!
I´m a windows user so maby it wont bee 100% accuret

1. The networker solution for start stop scripts is called savepnpc. You put this in the remote tab of the client and you will get a file caled goupename.res in yoy \nsr\res bibl. in this file you can put you oracle shutdown script and so on .
2. see 1.

3. with saveset All on you client all local disks will get backed up. Ofcurse open files will not get backed up.

4. see 3. you can also configure multipel clients in differenet groupes to split lagre file system.

Please repost if you have more questions

/Ulf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back