Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWorker Media: (info) failed unloading drive `\\.\Tape7' to slot '38

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvmv

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
ES
Hi,

I've Networker 6.2 on W2k SP2 with Qualstar Library TLS-412300 with AIT-3.

The Library is connect via Fibre Channel.

When I run the backups always fault some drive, never is the same drive.

The error is the following:

NetWorker Media: (info) unload retry for jukebox `Qualstar' failed - will retry again.
NetWorker Media: (info) unload retry for jukebox `Qualstar' failed - will retry again.
NetWorker Media: (info) unload retry for jukebox `Qualstar': sleeping 30 seconds.
NetWorker Media: (info) failed unloading drive `\\.\Tape7' to slot '38

For solution this problem, I have to do eject manual the drive.

I check the firmware of the hardware and is correct.

Firmware of FCO: R521
Firmware of AIT-3: 0102
Firmware of HBA LP8000: 3.82x1

Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

How old is the tape in question and is it being relabeled?

For some reason unknown to the logical world, Legato refuses to unload tapes older than two years. I guess they just don't think normal businesses would ever find a need to recover data that old for tax audits or other reasons.

I was actually told this when I called into support for this error message. I told them this was not acceptable and that there should be no reason EVER that a tape should refuse to unload.

The case is still open and I haven't heard from them in over two weeks on it. IMO thier support is degrading to what it used to be. It was better for a while, but has gone back down hill. They would rather call something a feature than a bug.

Hi rgzimmer,

yes, the tapes are relabeled, but I've a lot of tapes in this situation.

I can not change all tapes.

Thanks.

I have had the same problem with ADIC 1000 library using both ait1 and ait2 tapes. For some reason Legato must read the lable on the tape before ejection. to work around this problem I use the "mt -f \\.\Tapename off " command to get the tape to eject and then run an a reset command "nsrjb -HEv". This will eject the tape unless the drive is really mechanically bad.

try it.

Have you considered increasing the device eject timeout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back