Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker loosing manually set read only status of tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Nab

Systems Engineer
Jan 14, 2021
GB
Good Morning,
Please excuse any lack of details as this is my first post. I have been requested to look after an old legacy backup system of ours which runs Networker 7.6.1. The Networker Management Console runs on a Windows server which I am told is connected to a Linux box that actually runs the EMC Networker application.Please note I currently have no access to the Linux box. The hardware is located at a site 18 miles from my home and I currently successfully access the NMC app on the Windows server WFH due to lockdown.
Yesterday I needed to stop 3 x LTO5 tapes being written to so in NMC right clicked each ( as it wouldn't allow me to process all 3 at once )and used change mode then selected read only option. The tapes changed from status Full ( recyclable ) to just full. So guessed this may have worked. This morning the tapes have returned to Full ( recyclable ). Please can someone advise on where I am going wrong.
Kind Regards
Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back