Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker for Netware Compatibility Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Till

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2001
CH
Hi All

We're using Networker 7.1.3 on W2K3 that backs up Novell Netware 6.5 Support Pack 3 Cluster with 7.2 Client for Netware installed.

Has anybody here experiences with Support Pack 4 or even 5 for NetWare 6.5 ?

Next to this, what are your experiences with Networker 7.3 in conjunction with Netware Clients ?

Thx in advance [bobafett]

cheers Till

Till,
Contact Legato before upgrading to SP4a or 5. I had (and still have) lots of problems with both SP Versions (Abends, NDS save/restore, looped saves, UTF-8 issues etc.)

If you are happy with SP3, don't upgrade if there are no other needs!

Regards & good luck

Marc

I agree I am having big issued too. I have 7.2.1 server and 7.2 netware client with all sorts of patches. Also Legato does not support the cluster service if it is at 1.8

Hi to all,

7.2.1 and 7.3 are working with netware 6.5 Sp4 and 5 but a few requirements are there.

see my patch list at
With Sp5 and Cluster 1.8 there are some strange abends with fsafs.nlm seen but iam not able to reproduce them.
It seams it has again to do with the clib.nlm that it writes into memory where it should not do. Case for that is already open with EMC/legato

Cheers
Novelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back