Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWorker 7.3.2 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimichanga

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
I'm planning to upgrade NetWorker server from 7.2.2 to 7.3.2. Are versions 7.2.1 and 7.2.2 of the client compatible with 7.3.2 server? I am planning to upgrade the clients to 7.3.2 but probably can't get to all of them in one day.

The server is RHEL3 and clients are linux and windows.

Thanks,
Jim

Yes, NW is backward compatible. It has to be because not all clients are always updated at the same time.

Do not forget that you have to purchase the NW 7.3 update enabler.

Jim:

We have a customer with NW server 7.3.2 in a Solaris Cluster. When I try to b-up a 7.2.1 client, the following error was received: "Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)" in one of the cluster nodes (the other work fine). Be careful, and make some tests before.

This must not necessarily be a bug. Run savefs with added verbisity to investigate the behavior.

Probe job had unrecoverable failure(s)"

This is a big problem in 7.3.2.

I've been working around it for months now.

If you have a "servers" file on the client, try leaving it's content empty. NO Legato Master Entries that is.

If that doesn't work, make sure you can forward/reverse resolve the client and Master server from the client and server using nslookup hostname, nslookup xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

There are just a lot of little quirky things in 7.3.2. Let us know if find anything....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back