Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NetWorker 7.2 NDMP group "No index save" Option broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantab888

MIS
Nov 26, 2001
US
Hello all,

I was hoping that somebody could help me out with a problem I am experiencing with my NDMP backups. I have been going round and round with EMC/Legato tech support for a few days with no luck. Here's our environment:

Backup Server:
NDMP
NetWorker Version: 7.2

Storage node or backup client:
NDMP version 3

Problem: After upgrading from NW 6.1.4 to 7.2 a problem was encountered. We have one client (netapp) and two groups associated with the client, NDMP and NDMP Offsite. The NDMP runs a FULL backup on Friday evening and the NDMP Offsite runs a FULL backup every Saturday evening to send to our off-site storage facility. The configuration we had in 6.1.4 worked because we were able to run the NDMP offsite group without saving the index by selecting the "No index save" option for the NDMP offsite group.
Since the upgrade the index has starting saving to disk for this group even though the option is still selected for the group. Thus, the index is saving after the NDMP group and the NDMP offsite groups run and wasting disk space and bloating the client index. When we were at the 6.1.4 release this wasn't the case.

The daemon log is reflecting that the option is disabled:

remote access: ;
remote user: root;
save sets: /vol/vol3/austin_onepatrol_packages;
store index entries: No;
volume pool: NDMP OffSite;
06/25/05 20:01:04 nsrd: media info: suggest mounting PNO062 on pinatubo for writing to pool 'NDMP OffSite'
06/25/05 20:01:05 nsrd: media waiting event: Waiting for 1 writable volumes to backup pool 'NDMP OffSite' tape(s) on pinatubo
administrator: True;
application information: DIRECT=y, HIST=y, UPDATE=y;

The application information for the client has remained the same: DIRECT=y, HIST=y, UPDATE=y...

Does anybody know of a bug with the 7.2 version or run across this problem?

Thanks much!

mantab888

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back