Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker 6.1.3 backing up Sun Cluster 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachcoty

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
US
I have a problem backup up Unix servers running Sun Cluster 3.0. I have 2 physicals servers and 2 virtual. The problem is the shared file systems are mounted globally. When the physical backup starts with a saveset of all he backs up everything. The downside is im backing up the global file systems twice. Once for each physical. Now what i wanted to do was run a saveset of All on the physical with a Unix directive to skip the global file system. I was than going to create a virtual client name and specify the global file systems one by one(this can be tedious if there are alot). The problem is the indexes are saved under the physical name so every time the virtual client start his backup he runs a full. If anyone has any ideas on how to go about this i would appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Ed Coty

To fill a virtual index specify the following for the
client's backup command:

save -c virtual_client_name

thanks that did the trick. Any thoughts on the best way to setup the backups for Sun Cluster 3.0 servers.

Ed Coty

Make sure that you use the right software
- NW 6.1.x min
- NW 7.0 for Sun Cluster 3.0U3

Have a look ad the NW 7 Installation Guide for Solaris. It
contains plenty of information and especially this statement:

----------------------------------------------
Important: All globally mounted filesystems (except the /global/.devices/... filesystems)
must be owned by a logical host and defined in a NetWorker Client resource type. If the filesystems are not properly configured, multiple copies will be backed up for each
cluster node.
----------------------------------------------

Here comes the URL ...

Does anyone know how to install Legato on Sun Solaris ver. 8
Running legato 6.0.1
Client is a Solaris

I have installed the client using pkgadd –d and choosing the first 4 modules. It seems to have successfully installed but when I look at the client information details on the backup server, the “enabler in use” = no.
I have a spare license but still can’t get it to work. The backup fails with error code 9.

Any suggestions?

The enabler is used with the first backup of a client. However, to backup a cluster node, you need a cluster client
license - a "normal" one will not do it!

Please ignore last message from sx3 technical user. It should have been a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back