Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networker 6.1.1. - HP UX 11.0 - too many open files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkalbus

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
DE
Hi there,

seems like we have a serious problem. Our Networker was running fine on an N Class HP with HP UX 11.0 until we decided to upgrade to 6.1.1

After that point the Networker stops working and fills its logfiles with the message about "too many open files"

Support suggested to increase the kernel parameters - after we did that, the problem still persists. We tried to use 6.0.3 but that did not help neither.

My question is: has anyone out there a similar problem? If yes how was it solved.

btw. on 11.i everything works fine :-( but upgrading to 11.i is not yes an issue.

Help would be appreciated

Johanes

Noticed similar behavior with 6.1.1 on HP-UX 11i.

We have an operator console machine (NT) with networker administrator running on it. Since the IP of that machine was not in the (HP-UX11i) networker server's /etc/hosts file, nsrd was holding sockets open for each attempt to connect from the NT machine. Use lsof -i to verify this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back