Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked Opt11 toll-free issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekunishan

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hello all,
This doesn't make sense to me, and I was hoping someone could shed some light on this, tell me where to start looking.

A----PRI----B----PRI-----C
|
|(T-1)
|
Central Office

Customer site A has an Option 11 with PRI TIE trunks to customer site B. Site B is an Option 11, with PRI trunks to site A and C, and T-1 trunks to Central Office. The PBX room phone at site A has a TGAR of 15 and an NCOS of 4. This phone can dial all toll-free numbers without problems. Another phone at site A has the same TGAR and NCOS as PBX phone. This phone CANNOT dial those same toll-free numbers.
Any suggestions as to what to look for, thanks in advance!!

P.S. > All toll-free SPNs are set to the same RLB, and both phones trace to the same route (0). One thing that I've never seen is the called number shows something like this: 104918004667835.

WHAT IS THE FIRST OPTION IN THE CLS (CTD-UNR-CUN-TLD)SEE IF BOTH PHONES ARE THE SAME

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

right, on that response, prt the tnb of each phone and post it, 1st look at the cls prompt, fre, will block that call, so can any other setting except unr

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the reply,
On the PBX phone, CLS is UNR
Other phone, CLS is CTD
Here's the kicker, and I quote, "This was working a week ago."
I can easily change all phones with CTD in CLS to UNR, but I guess I don't really understand why. Doesn't a phone with CTD use the NCOS to determine access? If that is true, then it should go out a route assigned to a RLB with an FRL of 0, right? Show me the way oh gurus of the big grey box :)

if you define 1800 type service as spn, most cls's can access spn's (911) 1800 etc without needing the ncos to use the rlb.. that is so you can allow 911 from an otherwise internal only phone.. don't have the exact breakdown, as it's flexable, and i'm not.. lol

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole & PERRYPJ,
Thanks for the info from both of you. I am just going to change the CLS on their sets and be done with it. Once again, I appreciate the help!!

The number 104918004667835 consist:
ESN5 signaling prefix
104(Where 4 is the NCOS for the extension)

Toll free number

be carefully with the class of service because the phone with UNR class of service is allowed to originate and recieve calls to and form the exchange network.
I prefer to work with TLD or CTD.

Javier

Thank you janchundia,
I saw that on the RDB, which kinda made me think, all I've ever dealt with was STD.

Hello again,
Getting back to this situation again....it's still not resolved. I now have one person in particular, whom I volunteered to be a Guinea Pig. He can dial some toll free numbers, but not others. For example, he can dial 1-800-xxx-xxxx, but not 1-800-yyy-yyyy. The call returns a fast busy. I have checked the BARS/NARS up and down, but find no problems, as far as I can see. I changed his CLS to UNR, still not working. I am not sure if this is a trunk to trunk issue, come to think of it, I'm not sure of anything on this anymore. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Here's what the DCH msg shows for the failed call.
Note: Numbers have been changed to protect the innocent.

DCH 3 OMSG SETUP REF 0000000F CH 1 15 TOD 15:23:18
PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN
CALLING #:303xxxxxxx NUM PLAN: E164
CALLED #:10491866xxxxxxxNUM PLAN: E164

DCH 3 OMSG DISC REF 0000000F CH 1 15 TOD 15:23:22
CAUSE :NTWK TEMP FAIL

DCH 3 OMSG REL COMP REF 0000000F CH 1 15 TOD 15:23:22

janchundia,
Yes, I just called site B, and the numbers go through fine. They claimed this started happening after they moved locations. Now the only thing that would have changed would be the circuit. Could this be a carrier issue?

This is for Site A

OK, Here are the SPN's

SPN 1800
FLEN 0
INPL NO
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1866
FLEN 11
ITOH NO
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1877
FLEN 11
ITOH NO
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 1888
FLEN 11
ITOH NO
RLI 3
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

The Route List Index
RLI 3
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 0
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 1
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 1
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 0
DMI 2
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 2
NALT 5
MFRL 0
OVLL 0

The Digit Manipulation Index
DMI 1
DEL 0
INST 9
CTYP NPA

The Trunk
TN 001 23
TYPE TIE
CDEN SD
CUST 0
TRK PRI
PDCA 1
PCML MU
NCOS 0
RTMB 0 23
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
TGAR 1
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN CND WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 23 JAN 2003

The Telephone
DES 775
TN 006 0 00 13
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 399
TGAR 15
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU 0000
XLST
SCPW
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 399
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 483 0 MARP
CPND
NAME
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2483 0 MARP
02 TRN
03 AO6
04 CFW 4 399
05 SSU 0000
06 MWK 399
DATE 23 FEB 2005

Change the Digit Manipulation Index

DMI 1
DEL 0
INST 9
CTYP SPN

And test your calls

I changed the call type to SPN, still not going through.
I'm still getting the NTWK TEMP FAIL on d-channel messaging.

In looking over your printouts, everything seems to be programmed corrdctly. I would suggest you change the DMI because it seems to be using a different DMI. I see in the RLB you use DMI 1 for entry 0 and DMI 2 for entry 1 is this correct?

Hello,
Figured I would post back, since I finally solved this issue last week.
The fix was an outbound CLID table issue.
Phone A had:
key 00 scr xxx 4
Phone B had:
key 00 scr xxx 0 (default)

After looking into the CLID tables, the default, which most phones were set to use, was sending the complete 10 digit number for the site, and appending the DN after, for a total of 13 digits. Table 4 was sending xxx-xxx-xyyy were yyy was the appended DN. I built 3 different CLID tables for the 3 different DID ranges on-site, reassigned DNs, and cleared the problem right up!! Thanks everyone for their assistance on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back