Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked IPO call appearance bridging

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwm1276

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2008
US
I am back in the Avaya world after 15 or so years out. I now have 5 IPO's all connected to each other to allow for extension dialing over SCN connections between locations. I have 1 user who works in 2 different locations and I want her to have a single extension that rings at both locations. Currently I have location 2's extension in the mobile twinning number of location 1. It sort of works, but location 2 does not get proper caller id on extension dialing, and that uses twinning so it can't be used to connect to her cell phone.

I am looking for a cleaner solution that would provide correct caller ID at each location as well as allow for mobile twinning to be setup if needed. I would rather not have press a button requiring her know ahead of time which location she will be at, so a simple forward solution is out.

As IPO can not have Bridged Call appearances across the SCN. i would set up Hot-Desking, and allow the user to log into their extension anywhere in the SCN...

Why not simply use hot desking. The user can't physically be in two places at once. Let them simply login on the phone there in front of.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back