Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NETWORKED ICS AND NAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VEASEL

Vendor
Jan 28, 2002
US
I've got a customer with 2 ICS that are networked with
T1. The calls can be transfered between the two locations
but when the AA answers and they enter an extension thats
off sight the NAM doesn't recognise the extension.
For example I call the main number, their extensions are
5110 ect. and get the AA and enter 2221 and the AA says
its incorrect instead of trying to send me to the ICS
phone system. Any way of correcting this?
Thanks Randy

Randy,
Think we need a bit more info here.... in which location is the NAM in... the remote or the ICS where 2221 is a DN? Any more of this kind of detail will help.

PhM

actually, they have a NAM at each site. and from each site
when they get the AA they can only get to DN's on that site.
when you try a DN thats at the other site the AA says
"i'm sorry you have entered an invalid extension".
Seems like it just won't accept a DN thats not in a certain
range.

Any calls to a remote site are treated as an external call. The DNs of the remote ICS are not valid DNs in the host system (one leads with 5 the other leads with 2). Not knowing how calls get from one site to the other (Destination codes ?)it is difficult to offer a solution, however this should point in the right direction.

Good luck,

Rob

VEASEL,
I am sorry to bring you this news but your system is working the way it is supposed to. AA transfers will only transfer to an extension (extensions on the remote system are considered to be off premise numbers and not extensions). Now some good news, Software 5.0 enabled a single network voicemail/AA when the central PBX is a Meridian and you are using the SL-1 protocol to talk between switches. I have been told that the next release of software will allow a norstar system to be the control system of a network Voicemail/AA. You will have to route the people who want to talk to the other system thru a live attendent.
A possibility you may try is to set up an external transfer out of the CCR tree to hit a DISA on the other system. The external transfer point should be set up to perform all the dialing steps except for the actual extension. JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back