Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked CP3525

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2009
US
I have two color laser CP3525's, both I installed as networked laser printers with static IP's via Jet Directs that are then shared via a fully patched Windows 2000 server (along with 10 existing shared lasers). I am using the HP Universal Print driver. One printer works correctly, the other printer will not print from any workstation or the server itself. Rather it reports after any attempt to print that "this printer is not a supported HP device". Reinstalling the printer with a new driver makes no difference, switching to the CP3525's driver also makes no difference. The client computers are fully patched XPPro's SP3.
Any ideas?

Please print a config and network page on both printers and verify they both have the same firmware version. If not update to the latest available to ensure the JetDirect (networkcard) has the latest software OS.
Assuming the printer are located in the same network, did you try and just swap the IP address on the two printers ? This is to check whether it's a issue related to the drivers/computers or on the printer.
If you are using different UPD (universal print driver) versions on the server you might also get unexpected results.
UPD v. 4.5 and up are compatible but UPD 4.5 will not work well in an environment with previous versions of the UPD below 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back