Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Networked Conferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamIAm

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2009
CA
We are using the Avaya conferencing server, to host audio conferences, from a central site. Is there an easy way to dial a short code from a branch office (all sites are networked, but no SCN) that would allow us to connect to conferences?
Have used shortcodes and ARS to route a conference call over an IP trunk then b channels at the host site to "go out and back in" to access a conference. This uses 1 Voip channels, and 2 b channels on a PRI, for each call into the conference, from a branch.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Not sure why you would want to do this:
Have used shortcodes and ARS to route a conference call over an IP trunk then b channels at the host site to "go out and back in" to access a conference.

But people have their reasons.

So you do have IP trunks built between the sites but have not set them up as SCN trunks? And each site has its own primary trunking in the form of a PRI? And you are using conf center at your main site to host and you want calls from your remote sites to call via IP trunking instead of using PRI trunking?

Thanks CarGoSki.. That's exactly what I'd like to do.
We can't use SCN trunks because each site has a VM server.
We do route calls between sites using shortcodes.

You can make a shortcode in any system and route it to the main system and have another shortcode pick up from there routing it to the conferencing resources. I don't see why that would not work as long as you don't run out of VCM channels.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

I've tried the following, with incoming call routes, at the site hosting the conferencing server, but it doesn't seem to work. Watch for these digits on this IP trunk, and forward to VM:Conference, or watch for these digits on this IP trunk and make the destination the local short code that will access VM:Conference. It would be nice, if I could assign an extension to the conference server.

Hi not sure if this helps, but make a short code like this at the main site.
Code *88
Feature Conference Meet Me
Telephone Number 500
Line Group 0

at the other site do the same but change the line group to whatever the SCN is on.

Then all you do is dial *88 to join that conference 500.

There is more but try that first.

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. Or is that another upgrade?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back